Smart FTP can not connect to server

Hi, I have setup FTP for my client in windows server 2003. It was working fine. All of a sudden, I notcied that we can use FTP only from command promt, but not using any FTP client software, for example FileZilla Client, Smart Ftp etc. FileZilla error tells "Disconnected from server". SmartFTP error Tells "An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."

Any idea why;FTP is working only from command promt but not from any FTP client application.

Thanks in advance..

Hello ..

It's because the software firewall installed on your system blocks SmartFTP from making a connection. To resolve the problem add SmartFTP to the exception list in the software firewall configuration.

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

It's because the software firewall installed on your system blocks SmartFTP from making a connection. To resolve the problem add SmartFTP to the exception list in the software firewall configuration.

Regards,
Mat

Mat, thanks for reply, but I don't have any firewall installed in my home pc, I have tested from other pcs in my home too. I have Symantec corporate version that does not have any built in firewall, and windows firewall is also turned off. So is this something that I can do on server side to resolve this.
Thanks

Please post the log of your FTP session.

Sometimes antivirus products are blocking FTP clients as well.

Regards,
Mat

Please post the log of your FTP session.

Sometimes antivirus products are blocking FTP clients as well.

Regards,
Mat

Mat, I noticed that right now when I try to connect using smart FTP, nothing happens looks like the server even doesn't exist, although I can still connect from windows built in client from command prompt. Not sure what is going on.
Also how do I check the session log.