sfFTPShellExtension.dll : 1.0.18.4
SmartFTPPS.dll : 3.0.1027.4

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 3.0.1027.4

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 8.0.6001.18702

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

LOGS ETC. - I'm afraid I cannot supply logs, as the programme crashes and I cannot recover the logs.

BUG: When I am conducting a large backup of my server, say, around 800MB, SmartFTP will start downloading all content just fine for a couple of minutes, and will then freeze and the screen will pale (vista showing the programme has crashed). If I try to click anything Vista comes up with the message that the programme has stopped working, and gives me the option to restart. When I restart SmartFTP continues from where it had left off (and it appears that it continues downloading even in the frozen state).

Whilst not the most annoying bug, it is doing every time that I perform a backup or large upload to the server. I have noticed that this has occurred ever since the last upgrade to 3.0.1027.

Many thanks,
Neil

Your debugging code does not seem to work. I typed it out in the command window exactly as written on the instructions page, and I got the following message:

You have an extra space in "- FullOnFirst"

I have been trying upload more to my server, and a further error is showing whereby the number of items left to upload to the server is not decreasing, yet files are being uploaded.

My update tool says that I am on the latest version.

Let's focus on the crash first because the 2nd problem might be related to it.

I have tried getting the dump files to register, but unfortnately they are absolutely massive (more than a gigabite), and I am not prepared to spend my time slowing down my system and using up my bandwidth in bug reporting.

Smart FTP is freezing every single time that I attempt to either upload or download a large amount of files (i.e. more than 100 files). It is not sporadic - it is every single time. It first started happending when I installed 3.0.1027.x, and regardless of which newer version I have (I am on the current version) it is still doing it.

Please, please, please sort out these bugs, as I am getting very frustrated with what was a good, solid FTP package, and am very close to moving back to WiseFTP.

Unfortunately there is no other way to debug this problem other than with the crash dump. You can compress the dump using WinRAR's highest compression method and the size should go down considerably (1:3). Also there are multiple .dmp files created, we only need the first one (with the oldest date).

Regards,
Mat