z/OS issue and some other issues

Here is my issue on Z/os
================

I login to my account, and get my directory listing(examples to follow).

If I click on a PDS that only has a single character in the second node, it will not show me the contents of the PDS. However, if I copy that PDS and give it a name with 2 or more characters in the second node, I can then access the members.

In addition, while navigating, I am getting some strange results.

In the following example, X12345X will represent my user ID.

START
=====
+ X12345X

+ A.TEST1

+ AA.TEST1

If I click on A.TEST1, the following happens:

+ X12345X

+ A.TEST1

+ AA.TEST1

TEST1

If I click on AA.TEST1, I can see the contents, but I get the following:

+ X12345X

+ A.TEST1

+ AA

TEST1

+ AA.TEST1

TEST1

This seems very odd to me. Either the navigation needs to be flat or tree, but not both at the same time, and not all over the place.

Here are a few other issues, questions, and nitpicks
=================================

When I Closed the connection and tried to restart it, it simply came back to the same connection, which the exact same(and incorrect) content, as if it had not disconnected. Using the Disconnect button and then reconnecting gets the same results.

During my testing, SMARTFTP locked up and I had to kill it with TASK manager, which caused all of my Favorites to go away.

Later, it crashed, when trying to edit a file, and, again, I lost my favorites.

After setting up one of my connections again, I double click on the favorite, which does connect to the server, but it also open up the XML for my favaorite in IE. Why?

Is there anyway to link the Local and Remote tabs, so that if I click one a Remote tab for one server, that a corresponding Local would also be changed accordingly? I would rather have just one tab per connection, with each connection composed of a local and remote pane. I often work with 3 or more connection open at one time, all into different servers(or different parts of a server), so the remote directories I am using are also usually pointing to totally different areas.

Is it also possible to get rid of the little button bar that shows up in between the Remote and Local(I use the Remote Over Local and those buttons are just wasting space).

And, why do I have to customize the tool bar for each connection? Is there a way to come up with one standard for all connections?

I may try a new install later, if I have time, but I only have 13 days left on my trail and there is no way I can replace my current FTP client with SMARTFTP. It has a lot of potential, but stability, reliability, and usability are hugely important.

Please post your system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information" dialog.

Thank you
Regards,
SmartFTP

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed : 1861 MHz
Total Memory : 2039 MB
Free Memory : 1144 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 3.0.1019.15
Time Stamp : 2008-07-11 10:04:57