Mysterious "web" folder

Today I wanted to download my entire web site to local disk using SmartFTP (latest version). After this had run for several hours I became suspicious and noticed it was repeating part of the download again and again. In the SmartFTP view of my site there is a folder named "web" which does not appear when I open the site in Expression Web. When I click the "+" sign to expand "web" in the SmartFTP view it shows all my web folders PLUS another "web" folder which also has all my web folders - and so on and so on presumably to infinity. Like the Sorcerer's Apprentice.

So, in re-doing my download I am simply bypassing this mysterious web folder as all my folders already reside under the root directory and that's all I need. I have no idea what this "web" means and certainly do not need to download it and its infinite descendants.

What is the explanation for this folder and why do my web site folders appear in it plus another "web" etc., etc?

Great product by the way and much enjoy using it although this peculiarity did occur.

Best wishes,
JH

Hello JH ...

Can you change into the web folder and then send the log from your FTP session (the one in the Remote Browser).

Thank you
Regards,
Mat

Hello JH ...

Can you change into the web folder and then send the log from your FTP session (the one in the Remote Browser).

Thank you
Regards,
Mat

I am embarrassed to admit I cannot figure out where the log would have been saved If you or someone can straightne me out on that I will submit it or possibly run a short test that would be easier to evaluate.
This is not a critical problem (if, indeed, it is a problem at all - maybe just my ignorance). THe work-around is almost trivially easy - simply bypass the folder named "web".

Best wishes,
JH