Capped Upload Speeds

when uploading with cute ftp I get speeds to the same server of 1.3mbs and with smart ftp I always cap out at 80-90 KB/s. I can provide screen shots take on the same day, same server. How can I get the full speed out of SmartFTP I prefer it but will have to use Cute unless I can get the full upload speeds.

Some FTP applications display the speed in kilobit per second. SmartFTP displays it in kilobyte per second. SmartFTP is not slower than any other FTP application.

Regards,
SmartFTP

I understand how to calculate the differences in upload speeds please explain your theory based on these images:
Same server same file. Smart ftp 15 minutes on upload Cuteftp 5

Math 101:

SmartFTP:
71 Kilobyte/s + 90 Kilobyte/s = 161 Kilobyte/s ~ 1.3 megabit/s

CuteFTP:
1.30 mps = 1.3 megabit/s

Regards,
-Mat

Hello ..

I don't think the problem is caused by SmartFTP. There are many layers between SmartFTP and the server which may influence the transfer speed. Also in the 10 years we have been developing SmartFTP we never experienced a single case where SmartFTP would be slower than any other FTP clients.

Regards,
SmartFTP

Hello ..

I don't think the problem is caused by SmartFTP. There are many layers between SmartFTP and the server which may influence the transfer speed. Also in the 10 years we have been developing SmartFTP we never experienced a single case where SmartFTP would be slower than any other FTP clients.

Regards,
SmartFTP

I must admit I'm disappointed in your response. The issues I describe are consistent on upload. Do you have an suggestions or settings I can use to speed up the upload? Why if I stop one thread don't I get a single thread at 180Kb/s? Logically by your prior example I should correct. Like I said it limits with out question at or around 90k. I'm running vista, I work in a data center with a 10Gb fiber connection so I really want to work as fast as other programs are capable. Looking forward to your thoughts and suggestions.