How To get the logs
The log contains communication data between the client and the server. This information is very valuable when analyzing technical problems.
From the Remote Browser
The log view can be found at the bottom of the Remote Browser. To save the log to a file, right-click in the log view and select "Save As..." from the context menu. To copy the content from the log, select the text and copy it to the clipboard (CTRL+C). If you do not see the log pane you can enable it in the Menu: View - Panes - Log Pane or you can press Shift + F3.
From the Transfer Queue
Connection and Transfer Queue Log Files
- Go to the main menu: File - Settings
- The Settings dialog opens
- Go to the General - Advanced dialog
- Check Enable log
- Restart SmartFTP for the settings to take effect
By default, the logs can be found in the %appdata%\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\Log folder:
The Connection sub-folder contains the logs for each underlying connection. The Transfer Queue sub-folder contains the log for each transfer. This is same log that can be obtained through the the Transfer Queue pane (see below).
Transfer Queue logs in the Transfer Queue pane
- Select the item in the list in the Transfer Queue pane.
- Right-click on the item and select Show log from the context menu.
What do you think about this topic? Send feedback!