Check for New Version

I would like an option to "Check For New SmartFTP Version". Also, "Auto Update" option to automatically check for new versions.

Regarding your frist wish, have a look at Tools -> Update Check.

Regarding your frist wish, have a look at Tools -> Update Check.
Would it be possible to make it check for updates once in a while automatically.
I'm not frequently actively searching for updates. I rather see a nice pop-up at start-up(just once!) informing me about a update.

Totally agree. Automatic updates with corresponding item in Settings would be more than welcome.

Would it be possible to make it check for updates once in a while automatically.
I'm not frequently actively searching for updates. I rather see a nice pop-up at start-up(just once!) informing me about a update.

I didn't even know about that update check because typically this goes under the help menu.

Having the program check for updates a few times a week (for example) would be a good idea because some people, including myself, may sometimes forget to check altogether.

SnartFTP remained on build 1072 (November 2009) for a while, and I used to check for update to a newer one. After a while, I gave up altogether. I just checked today and we're all the way up to build 1088. There was a three month gap between the November 09 build and the next one.

-tas

I didn't even know about that update check because typically this goes under the help menu.

Same here! At least it's there!