Disable Auto-Reconnect

I've just downloaded the newest version and it allways auto-reconnects to my previous session when i open SmartFTP.
is there a way to disable this?

Hi, Control+O -> Interface -> Restore Workspace on Start.

Hi, Control+O -> Interface -> Restore Workspace on Start.
Is the Option to "Save workspace" but not auto connect, save only layout?
Sometime, I want open SmartFTP to connect a new ftp site, it auto connect to my previous ftp, and I must disconnect it, so inconvenient.
Please add my request to next betabuild of v2

That setting is the one witch reconects to the ftp opened at close SmartFTP time.

That setting is the one witch reconects to the ftp opened at close SmartFTP time.
But it also not save my opened tabs, windows...

But it also not save my opened tabs, windows...

I am having this trouble too.

If I select the option to not save my workspace, it does not save my open tabs, etc. I would just like it to open the program, and I can connect manually when needed.... either by using the connect button, or using a favorite.

Right now, I have to choose the option to not save the passwords for it to work. But that's a pain.

What sense does it make to save the window layout but not wanting to connect to the sites the windows refer to? If you want to save a special Local Browser layout / position that you need when connecting to a specific site, you can also go to a favorite's settings and set that at "General" -> "Local". In combination with (in the main menu) "Window" -> "Auto Layout" you should be able to do what you want.

What sense does it make to save the window layout but not wanting to connect to the sites the windows refer to?

Sorry to bring back an old post, and maybe it's been fixed since Jan (although I couldn't find it), but it makes perfect sense to be able to disable auto-reconnecting on startup.

For example:

You may be at work uploading files to one or more servers on a laptop. All good since your work has broadband etc and as such speed isn't a problem. You have your FTP program all set up with the most common servers you connect to open so that when you come into work, you can boot up and get right to it without having to re-open the windows.

You take your laptop home (or elsewhere) to do some extra work, but need to upload a couple of files to a particular server. The problem being is that you only have 56k modem. It takes FOREVER for SmartFTP to connect due to there being three or four windows trying to connect to servers. Not much help if you're in a hurry and need to upload those one or two files quickly. Not to mention it eats up any internet usage limits your company and/or ISP have having those connections re-connecting.

This also benefits penny-minded companies wanting to cut down broadband usage.

A suggestion:
Under the "General" section of the settings, have a new option called "Start up". In this section have options for "Auto-reconnect". First you could say yes or no, if yes ask if the user wants to reconnect to all active connections or be asked which connections they want to reconnect to. If they choose this last option, a window would pop-up at start with a list of the active connections where the user can select one or more connections to auto-reconnect.

You could also put anything relating to SmartFTP opening in the "Start up" settings (eg Display, reload workspace etc).

ALSO, if you have disconnected from a server before shutting down SmartFTP, at the moment, it doesn't remember this previous state and goes ahead and re-connects when you start up. If nothing else, have SmartFTP remember the previous states of all open windows would be a big help, and probably negate the need for disabling auto-reconnecting.

Try this, enable "Restore Workspace" and set the cache settings to hold it xxx days, with this settings the directory is loaded from the cache an there is no need to connect to the ftp server.

There seems to be some resistance in accepting requests to provide an enhancement to be able to disable auto-reconnect; but, I too would like to have such an enhancement.

I have several connections that I use regularly and usually have them open when I use SmartFTP. But, when I start SFTP, I might just want to do something quick in one of them and don't want all of the connections re-opened. It's nice to have all the windows for those connections opened when I start SFTP, but I'd like to be able to simply click on the connect icon for each one as I actually use it.

Another consideration: if I have multiple connections open and forget to close them before I exit SFTP, I don't want to have no control over all of them reconnecting at the next startup.

If an enhancement were made to be able to turn auto-reconnect on or off, I would set it to never auto-reconnect - just open the windows and let me connect as I choose - just give me the chance to choose.

Thanks for any consideration that you would give to this enhancement.

please add this feature.

thx,
b

It's already possible:
1. Option: Menu: Tools->Settings. Then go to the Interface dialog and disable the Restore Workspace option.
2. Option: Set the cache to expire in x days where and SmartFTP will not connect to the server

Regards,
Mat

It's already possible:
1. Option: Menu: Tools->Settings. Then go to the Interface dialog and disable the Restore Workspace option.
2. Option: Set the cache to expire in x days where and SmartFTP will not connect to the server

Regards,
Mat

1. I wouldn't want to loose the whole workspace, just the re-connecting, I would still want the previous windows that I commonly use to open.
2. I wouldn't want to wait even one day, I would want this to work each and every time I start SmartFTP, even during a single work session.

So much resistance to such a simple request, add one lousy option for just the re-connect feature. I'm glad I no longer use SmartFTP, I've found much better customer care elsewhere.