Transfer Stalls, Ghost Transfers, and Deleting Files

Hi all,

SmartFTP was working FANTASTIC, e.g., drag-n-drop and files would transfer over asap without minimal idling (zzzz's) and w/o pressing the green go button. No problems connecting what-so-ever. My trial days expired and so I bought it a few days ago.

Here's the issues:

1. Files would idle forever w/ the zzzz's icon
  2. Files would "ghost" transfer, e.g., a file would be created at the designation w 0kb, then the transfer query would (zzzz) idle out
  3. Folders would disappear or content deleted. e.g., I changed permissions on one of my file folders and the next refresh, the folder and it's contents were gone.
  4. In addition, the system would crash and send a report
  5. (the XP, note.... SmartFTP has encountered a problem...send report)

Has anybody else experienced this post-purchase? Is so, what was the fix?

Thanks,
James

Double click the file that is stuck in the transfer queue to see the log. Then post the log.

And post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information"

Regards,
Mat

Double click the file that is stuck in the transfer queue to see the log. Then post the log.

Regards,
Mat

Thanks, Mat. I'll do so after work and try a some transfers tonight on a different site. Everything work well/great right up to purchase. No other filters, switches, values, variables, or commands changed before or since the purchase of SmartFTP.

Regards,
Mat

Hi Mat,

I cannot repeat this off the bat without site interruption (which I don't want to repeat). I believe this came about when:
1. Changing permissions on a folder in the midst of transferring to or from the destination folder. ...since FTP was not refreshed yet, the file transferring could have gotten screwy (lack of a better word). Nevertheless, all is well right now.

Now to find out how to do automatic backups using SmartFTP.. .... any idea?

Thanks,
James