Website does not update
After a successful transfer, the uploaded files are yet not updated on the website
- Make sure you are uploading into the correct folder/directory on the FTP server. The correct folder/directory depends on how the FTP server is set up. You may want to consult your web hosting provider for clarification.
Common FTP root locations are /htdocs, /www, /wwwroot or /http
- Refresh the web page you are looking at in your web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer). The page will refresh from your local cache.
- Hold the Shift key while you click on the Refresh button (Ctrl + F5 works as well). By using the Shift + Refresh or Shift + F5 command, you are forcing the page to refresh from the server bypassing the local cache
- At last contact your web hosting provider for further assistance
If you are not sure if you are replacing the correct file on the server you can do this simple test:
- Delete the file you want to replace on the server using the Remote Browser
- Refresh the page in your Web Browser
- If the page still appears hold the Shift key while you click on the Refresh button in your Web Browser
- If the page still appears, go back to 1 and delete another file (maybe in a different folder)
- Upload the new file to the server using the Remote Browser in SmartFTP
- Ensure that the file has been uploaded to the server. Refresh the folder in SmartFTP. Check the file size.
- Reload the page in your web browser
page, site, update
What do you think about this topic? Send feedback!