SSL Error: Credentials
With SmartFTP you can create an SSL certificate. SSL servers use certificates to determine whether or not they will allow you to connect, the certificate proves the client's legitimacy to the server.
Error When trying to connect to a SSL/TLS server you might encounter the following error:
- Select Favorites > Edit Favorites from the SmartFTP menu. The Favorites window appears.
- From the Favorites window select the Favorite to be used. Right click on the Favorite and select Properties. The Properties dialog appears.
- Under FTP > Connection select SSL.
- Under the Client Certificate click on the Create Cert button and follow the wizard to create a self-signed certificate.
- Once completed, select it from the drop down box and click OK to save the changes. You will need to close the remote server window and reconnect back to the server.
SSL error, SSL, credentials, cert, certificate
What do you think about this topic? Send feedback!