Home > How To > How To setup the KeePass credential provider
Created 04 Jun 2011
Modified 09 Sep 2015
How To setup the KeePass credential provider
- Download and install KeePass 2 (Professional Edition) if you have not done so already.
- Download and install the KeePassRest Plugin for KeePass.
- Ensure that the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Full profile) is installed.
- Start KeePass and verify that the KeePassRest Plugin has been loaded. Go to the menu: Tools->Plugins
- Open your kdbx database in KeePass
- Start SmartFTP
- In SmartFTP go to the main menu: File - Settings. Go to the KeePass settings dialog
- Select the client certificate you want to use for authorization
- Click the Test button
- KeePass is showing an authentication prompt. Click on Yes to allow the client to access the KeePass store.
- The test in SmartFTP will now successfully complete
Setup Favorite to use KeePass store
- Go to the Favorite Properties (Tab: Tools, click on Favorite Properties or in the quick connect dialog: File - Connection)
- In the General dialog, select KeePass for the Provider
- Click OK to save the changes
- Connect to the Favorite
- Enter the credentials (username, password, etc).
- The credentials are now stored in KeePass and will be retrieved from there for the next connection
The KeePass feature in SmartFTP requires the Ultimate Edition.
keepass, keepassrest, setup