Home > How To > How To run scheduled tasks
Created 18 Apr 2009
Modified 04 May 2016
How To run scheduled tasks
This article describes two methos on how to run scheduled tasks with SmartFTP.
Method - Interactive Session
With this method the SmartFTP process runs in an interactive session. This means that the user interface is always available and the transfers can conveniently be monitored and managed.
Method - Session 0
With this method the SmartFTP process runs in a session known as Session 0 or Shadow session. The user interface is not available and the transfers can be monitored through the File or Database logging facility of the application.
- Setup and configure SmartFTP (activate, favorites, etc.) under the same user account which runs the scheduled tasks
- When creating scheduled tasks in SmartFTP, set the logon type under the Security options to:
Run whether user is logged on or not
- If the scheduled tasks contain any File Monitor triggers, SmartFTP must be started at startup to monitor the files.
KB: Create run at startup task
- Grant the user Log on as a batch job rights:
KB: How to give a user Log on as a batch job rights
- To verify the setup, go to the Task Scheduler in Windows. Select the task you have created in 2. and run it.
To run scheduled tasks, the application must be activated. It means that a license for the Enterprise edition is required and the tasks do not run during the free trial period.