Home > How To > How To bandwidth throttle transfers
Created 13 Jun 2002
Modified 25 Apr 2014
How To bandwidth throttle transfers
Global Speed Settings
- Select File - Settings from the SmartFTP menu. The Settings window appears.
- From the SmartFTP Settings window select Transfer. From the Transfer tab the Global Speed Limit Settings can be changed. Use the up/down arrows to set the speed, or input the numbers manually.
- Once you are done click on OK to save your changes
From a Favorite
- Select the Tools tab, click on Edit Favorites. The Favorites window appears.
- From the SmartFTP Favorites window select the Favorite of interest. Right click on the Favorite and select Properties. The Properties dialog appears.
- From the Properties dialog select Transfer > Speed Limits.
- On the Speed Limits tab click on the drop down list and select Use Favorite’s Settings. Use the up/down arrows to set the speed, or input the numbers manually.
- Once you are done click on OK to save your changes.
Note: The Speed Limits settings are not changed until you close the server window connection opened. Once the connection window to the server is re-opened, the Speed Limits will change.
speed, limit, throttle, bandwidth