How To setup the KeePass credential provider
- Download and install KeePass 2 (Professional Edition) if you have not done so already.
- Download and install the KeePassRest Plugin for KeePass.
- Ensure that Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 is installed.
- Start KeePass and verify that the KeePassRest Plugin has been loaded. Go to the menu: Tools->Plugins
- Open your kdbx database in KeePass
- Start SmartFTP
- In SmartFTP go to the main menu: File - Settings. Go to the KeePass settings dialog
- Select the client certificate you want to use for authorization
- Click the Test button
- KeePass is showing an authentication prompt. Click on Yes to allow the client to access the KeePass store.
- The test in SmartFTP will now successfully complete
Setup Favorite to use KeePass store
- Go to the Favorite Properties (Tab: Tools, click on Favorite Properties or in the quick connect dialog: File - Connection)
- In the General dialog, select KeePass for the Provider
- Click OK to save the changes
- Connect to the Favorite
- Enter the credentials (username, password, etc).
- The credentials are now stored in KeePass and will be retrieved from there for the next connection
The KeePass feature in SmartFTP requires the Ultimate Edition.
keepass, keepassrest, setup
What do you think about this topic? Send feedback!