How can I get Internet Explorer to use SmartFTP instead of its own internal ftp client?
- Open My Computer - Tools - Folder Options.
- Under the File Type tab scroll down the list of registered file types until you find the file type URL:File Transfer Protocol. Highlight this option.
- Click on the Advanced button. The Edit File Type window appears. Select the Open line under Actions and click on the Edit button. The Editing Action for Typeâ€¦ window appears.
- Uncheck the Use DDE check box and browse for the SmartFTP.exe file.
- Click on the OK button and close.
To use SmartFTP from the Internet Explorer, drag the Internet link to the desktop to create a shortcut and then double click the shortcut to run SmartFTP.
What do you think about this topic? Send feedback!