Create run at startup task
The following instructions create a new task which runs SmartFTP whether the user is logged on or not. The user account requires the Log on as batch job rights. KB: How to give a user Log on as a batch job rights
- Go to the Control Panel
- Select Administrative Tools
- Select Task Scheduler
- Select the Task Scheduler Library in the tree on the left side
- Click on Create Task... on the right side
- In the General tab enter a name for your task. e.g. Start SmartFTP
- In the Security options select Run whether user is logged on or not
- If you want to run the task under a different user click on the Change User or Group... button
- Select the Triggers tab
- In the Trigger tab click on New...
- In the New Trigger dialog set the Begin task to At startup if you want to run the task when the computer starts
- Click OK to close the New Trigger dialog
- Select the Actions tab
- In the Actions tab click on New...
- In the New Action dialog set the Action to Start a program if this is not the case yet
- In the Program/script input box select the SmartFTP.exe file located in the "%programfiles%\SmartFTP Client" folder using the Browse... button.
- Leave the other input fields empty
- Click OK to close the New Action dialog
- Click OK to close the Create Task dialog
How to give a user Log on as a batch job rights
What do you think about this topic? Send feedback!