No matter what it crashes

Hello, I had previous version 2, Today I get the update, I did it, try to open it and get the normal spash windows to buy the license, after hit OK, it goes off, it closes, never opens.

I uninstall all, deleted all registry related to smartftp that could find using search function in the registry, remove installer directory, rebooted, install it again and same problem, I could get a little bit further it opens but no matter which option I choose, i simple crashes, I mean just dissapear, the software closes by itself no matter what I do.

version 2 was working fine yesterday.

I have windows xp SP2, and everything was fine with previous versions...

There is no error message, just closes, could you help me please, I use this application almost daily basis

Thanks

P.D: Even teh beta crashes, so ver 3.16 or 3.15 crashes....

Try to delete the registry at:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SmartFTP

Then reinstall SmartFTP from:
http://www.smatftp.com/download

Then check if you have a crash log in the event log.

Regards,
Mat

Thank you for your reply

where is the event og located, because I'm getting the same issue.

Just in case I checked systems using NOD 32 antivirus latest edition and no virus.

Where I can see the event log, where is saved,

Is just strange I get the splash window, the software start but when I try to do anything liek go to to tools, go to remote server, any action, just crashes, it goes off and I don't get an error message, I have even install it after cleaning the registry with teh same steps you gave reboot, install, run it and the same again
Sometimes I just get the splash window, hit on OK and goes away

Tks for your time and patience

You can find the event log at:
Start->Settings->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer. Then check the Application and System Log.

What operating system are you using btw? Can you access the System Information in the menu: Help->About before SmartFTP crashes?

Regards,
Mat

I'm using Windows XP SP2, updated daily basis.

No error, and no event, actually the last event is the succesfully installation of Smartftp.

NOw I just open it, after the spash I get the normal software windows, no matter what I click, even the help, it just dissapears, trying to get any event, nothing...

I know to clean completely my system of registry files related to this application, I have done that a couple of times, same result... don't know what is wrong, I check again and no viruses at all

I don't know what this is but I really doubt it is a problem with SmartFTP since clicking on a menu doesn't do much really.

Mat

I know ver 2.5 was working fine, completely fine, then the soft asked for the update, I did and this problem started, and I follow the steps you provided before, don't know what can be the problem

I know ver 2.5 was working fine, completely fine, then the soft asked for the update, I did and this problem started, and I follow the steps you provided before, don't know what can be the problem

I have the exact problem, and have gone about fixing it the same way. Any help appreciated!!!! If only I didnt have to update SmartFTP... i would be sweet. I uninstalled the broken latest version, and reinstalled a previous version. The previous version loaded perfectly, but as you would have guessed, needed to be upgraded. >_< That leaves me at the start again ... I need a working version.

Is there a patch or some kind of fix available for the broken SmartFTP?

If it might help, I just got infected with a virus worm that mucked with some reg values. Namely the show hidden, so it is impossible to re-enable hidden till i find the virus. The signs that you have this virus is that you can not "toggle show hidden files", and when you open a drive through My Computer, it takes a little longer to open and opens in a new shell.

ty