SmartFTP's explorer

After I user the beta version a short while, it started doubling the last folder name in the path, rendering the beta version useless.

For example, if I entered "/usr/tmp/abc", the program changed it to "/usr/tmp/abc/abc". It did this for both the local and remote windows.

I had both the beta version and the 2.5.1008 version installed, so I uninstalled both versions and reinstalled the 2.5 version. It did the same thing! So, I uninstalled the 2.5 version and rebooted. I then installed the beta version and it still was duplicating the last foldername. I uninstalled the beta version and installed the 2.5 version. It works OK with this version.

Andy

Hello ..

I'm unable to reproduce it. You can upload the avi file to www.rapidshare.com

Thank you
Regards,
Mat

Hello

Sorry we are unable to reproduce it. The video doesn't clearly show what you are doing. Please write down step by step instructions on how to reproduce it with a public FTP server or the Local Browser. The less steps required to reproduce it the better.

Thank you
Regards,
Mat

OK, here are the exact steps I took to re-create the problem:
1. I connect to one of my local machines using SmartFTP
2. In the address textbox, I enter "/usr" and press ENTER. This displays a list of files/directories
3. In the address textbox, I enter "/usr/bin" and press ENTER. This displays a list of files/directories
4. In the address textbox, I enter "/usr/local" and press ENTER. This changes the path in the text entry box to "/usr/local/local"
That's the problem.

I can go to some directories, but not others. When I uninstall SmartFTP beta 3.0 and re-install SmartFTP 2.0 All of this works OK. I'm leaving it at 2.0 for now, but if you want me to try any other tests, I'll re-install the beta version.

Hello..
Please try it with a public FTP server as we are unable to reproduce it with your private servers. We believe the problem is related to symbolic links.
Also provide the complete log as described in the readme.

As noted in my earlier reply, this is happening on both the local and the remote windows, so I don't even have to connect to an FTP site. I just bring up the program and when I navigate around, I see the foldername duplication problem.

In a short while, I will be able to uninstall the 2.5 version and re-install the beta version. I'll collect the complete logs and forward them to you when I can.