FTP Transfer Using TLS SmartFTP FTP Library

Hi, I'm currently doing a project which connects to the government site that requires FTP connection using PKI.

I would like to check with the SmartFTP moderator whether you can give me a kickstart example on how to achieve this with the SmartFTP FTP Library.

Currently I am looking at how SmartFTP can be incorporated into ActiveX Script to be used in the MS SQL Server DTS Services.

So, could you please give me code example (VB) so that I can purchase this product.

The samples (VB, VBScript, etc) can be found in the SmartFTP FTP Library download in the Samples directory. Additional information on how to select the private key for the secure connetion can be found in the documentation (sfFTPLib.chm).

SmartFTP supports secure FTP connecting with SSL/TLS.

Regards,
SmartFTP

How do I get the trial license key, so that I can evaluate this program before I purchase it.

P/S: Can't find a good example on the TLS/SSL implementation on the Samples. Could you show some example here... please..

Thanks.

Hello ...

The setup is available at:
https://www.smartftp.com/ftplib/download
This is the trial version.

What exactly are you looking for? All samples utilize the TLS/SSL layer if you set the Protocol property of the FTPConnection object to ftpProtocolSSLExplicit for example.

In this example:
https://www.smartftp.com/ftplib/samples/ ... Simple.vbs
Replace
obj.Protocol = 0 ' ftpProtocolNormal
with
obj.Protocol = 2 ' ftpProtocolSSLExplicit

The help file gives you pretty much all information.

Regards,
SmartFTP

Thanks for the reply.

I have another question. How to use the client certificate. Please help me, I am new to all this.

Regards.

Hello ..

It's the CertName property of the IFTPConnection.
The CertStore and CertStoreLocation are related properties.

Regards,
-Mat

I have already registered with a CA and installed the certs. But how to look for the certs name/location/cert store?

Appreciate your help.

U have not replied to me yet. Thanks.

Hello ..

The CertName, CertStore and CertStoreLocation properties are explained in the documentation. Please get the docu from:
https://www.smartftp.com/Products/FTPLib ... ib.chm.zip
(get the update)

You may want to take a look at the CertOpen winapi function as well:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defau ... nstore.asp

Furthermore if you run SmartFTP and go to the Settings->Connection->SSL there is a button to open the Cert Manager which may give you a better idea about cert stores, names, etc.

Regards,
-Mat

It seems that i can't find enough information there. Here's the thing, for me to setup the SSL connection in the smartFTP client, how do I select the Cert that I want to use?

If I check on the Use Client Cert checkbox, there is no certs listed in the listing? Do I have to select the cert? Or what?

FYI, as I mentioned earlier, I already have a cert issued by a CA. Now the problem is how to set it up in the smartFTP client so that I can understand better to implement the smartFTP Library.

Could you please give me an example instead of pointing me to your help file which I find not helpful.

Thanks.

Hello ..

Please consider buying a license because your requests go beyond pre-sales support.

It seems you didn't install your cert correctly or into the wrong cert store etc.

Thank you.

Regards,
-Mat
SmartFTP

How can I buy the license when you have not proven to me that this software is working?

Probably my request is way beyond pre-sales but why should I even consider buying this product when u can't even help me to make it work.

Anyway. Thanks.

Of course mb *can* answer your question, if he took the time to go through this with you. However, as a developer he should rather spend time on coding than on support for unlicensed customers. If you were a licensed customer, you would get immediate premium support until your issue is fully solved. So there is no risk for you in buying a license: Either premium support explains how to make this work for you, or in case there was a bug / missing feature it will be fixed / added for you.