Upload from buffer

Hi,

Currently evaluating your FTP library and am wondering if you plan to implement an upload / download, straight from / to a data buffer.

Currently we ftp memory mapped files and to use your library we need to write these files to disk first before uploading, which adds additional overheads.

Thanks,
Graham

Hello ...

Yes its planned. How would you like us to implement it?

DownloadData and UploadData with a similiar syntax as DownloadFile and UploadFile. But I'm not sure what would be the best automation compatible data type for the data to be transferred. BSTR would be one option but its probably limited to 64KB in certain situations.

-Mat

Doing it in chunks of 64K shouldn't be a problem for me. Unfortuantely I don't know enough about COM to advise on the best implementation.

Graham

There is no way to do it in chunks though.

We may consider offering a uploadfile and downloadfile method which takes a HANDLE as the first argument. But this wouldn't be an automation compatible function and therefore you can only use it with C++ et al.

This methods would allow you to create a memory file on the client side and use the windows handle for the use with the new methods.

-Mat

That would be good for me as we currently use CMemFile.