sftp for vbscript

Hi,

I am currently using the FTP Library to ftp files using a vbscript. I am basically using the example from the smartftp website on how to upload a file from VBscript. I was just wondering if it's possible to use a vbscript to upload files with sftp.

Thanks,
Kevin

Dear Kevin ..

You can find an example in the FTPLib installation package. Just go to the Samples\SFTP\Script folder.

Regards,
Mat

thanks Mat,

I found the script. when I execute I get an error saying "ActiveX component can't create object sfFTPLib.SFTPconnection"

it's failing on

Set objFTP = CreateObject("sfFTPLib.SFTPConnection")

Any ideas?

Dear Kevin ..

You can find an example in the FTPLib installation package. Just go to the Samples\SFTP\Script folder.

Regards,
Mat

Register the sfFTPLib.dll
regsvr32.exe sfFTPLib.dll

Regards,
Mat

Thanks Mat,

I was able to successfully register the dll. Unfortunately I got the same error message about not being able to create the object.

I really thought that was the fix for the problem. Maybe I have an older dll or something.

Any ideas?

Register the sfFTPLib.dll
regsvr32.exe sfFTPLib.dll

Regards,
Mat

Are the Samples\FTP\Scripts working?

Hi,

Yes, the Samples\FTP\Scripts are working for me. I am able to connect to a remote server and upload files. I am able to create the following object " Set obj = CreateObject("sfFTPLib.FTPConnectionSTA") "

Are the Samples\FTP\Scripts working?

I'm not sure why the SFTP examples are not working for you. Did you try it on a different system?

Regards,
Mat

I'll try it on a different machine and see if I still get the same problem.