application distribution without component install

Is it possible to distribuite application without install component (SFTPFTPLib.exe)?

For example in vb.net 2005 can i simply copy in a folder:
myApp.exe
sfFTPLib.dll

to make application to start ok?

I've seen some commercial applicatin having:

application.exe
otherlib.dll
and also sfFTPLib.dll....

Yes this is possible. Use a manifest in your executable. There is an article in the help file (side by side execution aka SxS) on how to do it.

Regards,
Mat

Thanks.

Tested. OK

Yes this is possible. Use a manifest in your executable. There is an article in the help file (side by side execution aka SxS) on how to do it.

Regards,
Mat

Just a question:

from Microsoft site:
"Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003 is required to use side-by-side assemblies and manifests to isolate applications and to use the Activation Context API. On Windows 2000, corporate administrators can partially isolate applications by using .local files and DLL/COM redirection"

In fact on Windows 2000 my application does not function in side-by-side. it returns:
Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'myapp.test' threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {52D6E699-9256-414F-8FCD-F38FDF6AC8EE} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

How can i use ".local files and DLL/COM redirection" like Microsoft says?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know but maybe Microsoft Support can help you with that.