License question

Several questions before purchasing the "FTP+SFTP" library:
1) For one developer license. Can I use the library in multiple products?
2) What's the upgrade fee after one year?
3) Is there any limitation to the product type? For example, can we develop a product which has some, but not the same, functions of a FTP client? The product may compete with SmartFTP client in some aspects. I read the License Agreement and didn't find any terms about this.
4) If you do have limitations, do we need to get your permission before developing the new software?

Thanks!

To your questions:

>1) For one developer license. Can I use the library in multiple products?
Yes

>2) What's the upgrade fee after one year?
The maintenance renewal fee is 299 USD/year. If you don't want to upgrade to the latest version no fees apply.

>3) Is there any limitation to the product type? For example, can we develop a product which has some, but not the same, functions of a FTP client? The product may compete with SmartFTP client in some aspects. I read the License Agreement and didn't find any terms about this.
You cannot use the FTP Library to develop a product that competes with our products. You can develop any products internally. But for example you cannot use it to write an FTP client and sell licenses for it.

>4) If you do have limitations, do we need to get your permission before developing the new software?
Please contact us about your plans and we can tell you if we believe whether they are conflicting with the license agreement.

Regards,
Mat

We have no detail plan yet. I just want to make sure I understand your license.
For example: Do software like roboftp or FTPSynchronizer violate your license? They are tools which has FTP function, but not a general FTP client which compete with you directly.

Let me know please.

You won't be able to use the FTP Library under the normal license to develop products like the ones you have mentioned.

You won't be able to use the FTP Library under the normal license to develop products like the ones you have mentioned.

Then, do you have other license we can use for such software?

For the pricing information please contact us at sales at smartftp dot com and describe the plans for your product.
Thank you
Regards
Mat

For the pricing information please contact us at sales at smartftp dot com and describe the plans for your product.
Thank you
Regards
Mat
Just wrote en email to your sales team.

Got your reply, thanks. But it's toooo expensive to use for a FTP library.
Sorry, I'm afraid we can't use it.