SmartFTP library ASP. Object doesn't support this property or method: 'g_objFTP.Directory'

Hello ...

Please get the latest version of the FTP Library or replace g_objFTP.Directory with g_objFTP.Items

Regards,
Mat

Hello ...

Please get the latest version of the FTP Library or replace g_objFTP.Directory with g_objFTP.Items

Regards,
Mat

Did you replace the version yesterday? I installed it and tried it yesterday. It sounds like it's an old library on the website?!

Best regards
Mattias

Hello ...

I don't know where you downloaded the file from but the correct version is on our web server. Please follow the instructions from my last reply.

Regards,
Mat

Hi again,

Is it possible to download the library from different locations? Anyway, I just downloaded it again and reinstalled it on my webserver.

Download location: https://www.smartftp.com/ftplib/download

After i restarted the server i tried to run the ASP file once more. It gives the same error message.

But it works if i replace the objDirectory name as you said before.

'Set objDirectory = g_objFTP.Directory
Set objDirectory = g_objFTP.Items

I hoped that it would be possible to upload files from my computer (local harddrive) to the webserver by using this library. Is this possible?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards
Mattias

Hello ..

I don't understand what you are trying to do? If you want to upload a file to an FTP server please see the Upload.vbs sample.
If you would like to tunnel it through an web server:
local computer -> HTTP PUT -> FTP Server
then you have to add the function to the asp sample which processes HTTP uploads. You would basically upload the file to a temporary file on the HTTP server and then use the FTP Library to upload it from the HTTP server to the FTP server.

Regards,
Mat