SFTP, not to be confused with SMART FTP. Do you support it?

We have some .NET development that requires us to use SFTP to connect with a 3rd party vendor.

There has been talk in the forums about Smart FTP supporting SFTP in the future, and it seemed like your company promised it would be available last year in some forum posts.

Is that the case? Do you support it? If so, what version is supported. We own the SMART FTP Library.

Thanks,
Keith

Hello ..

I'm sorry we do not support it at this time. However it's still a very high priority.

Regards,
Mat
SmartFTP

Hello ..

I'm sorry we do not support it at this time. However it's still a very high priority.

Regards,
Mat
SmartFTP

Thanks for updating us. At least we know!

Keith

Hi,

can you please tell a date for sftp access? I have bought a 3 years licence and need sftp right know because we have changed the security settings in the office. Without sftp I can't use smartftp anymore.

I installed a trial version of WS_FTP but I'm not happy with it. But if smartftp doesn't pop up with sftp support in the next month I have to change the client.

Thank you very much.

Nicki4lu

Hello ..

We no longer give estimates but SFTP in the SmartFTP Client won't be ready for at least another month. You may want to consider to use FTPS instead of SFTP. It offers the same security and FTPS servers usually offer a lot more features (integrity checks, etc) than SFTP servers.

Regards,
Mat

Unfortunately I'm not responsible for the server administration and I haven't any chance to change it. So I have to change the ftp client. Can you suggest any good client which supports sftp?

Nicki4lu

You may want to give WinSCP a try for now.