SmartFTP uploads fail in PASV mode. The transfer appears to stop
after 8Kbytes, I get a timeout error, and attempts to disconnect do
not work. Subsequent connection and directory display show the file
uploaded has 0 length.

Microsoft IE 6.0 works for FTP upload. I didn't know until the other day
that IE even had FTP upload capability. I learned about it from my
web hosting tech support. I don't know if it runs in PASV mode or
not.

Turning off PASV mode in SmartFTP works.

My Registration ID is 400000818.

mb:

I don't see any definitive "answer" there.

They are talking about Windows XP patches, and I'm running Windows 2000 Pro. They are talking about router firmware, and I don't have any router firmware upgrades to apply to my Dell wireless router firewall box.

Do you think Win2KPro patches have broken PASV mode the same way WinXP patches appear to have broken it? I would agree that I didn't have the problem early in April and I certainly do now, so I guess it's possible.

I'm not sure I need PASV mode today, but I think there's probably a situation where I will need it someday.

So where is tech support for this product? I paid for a license.

This post is a little clearer about the solution:
https://www.smartftp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8760

So check if update KB893066 is installed, if so remove it and try again. From what I know this is the only technical solution right now. MS really seems to have screwed up something this time (not that it would be the first time a hotfix needs to be hotfixed ...).

mb:

I don't see any definitive "answer" there.  

They are talking about Windows XP patches, and I'm running Windows 2000 Pro.  They are talking about router firmware, and I don't have any router firmware upgrades to apply to my Dell wireless router firewall box.

Do you think Win2KPro patches have broken PASV mode the same way WinXP patches appear to have broken it?  I would agree that I didn't have the problem early in April and I certainly do now, so I guess it's possible.

I'm not sure I need PASV mode today, but I think there's probably a situation where I will need it someday.

So where is tech support for this product?  I paid for a license.

Hi, windows 2000 pro is also "afected" by that patch. ATM the only workarround is to remove the patch or update the firmware of the router.