updating files

I am using the trial version to make sure that this is a product that I can use, I already have a file named announce.swf, which is a SwishMax file. I changed the contents of the file on the SwishMax side but I can't get it to migrate over and replace the old announce file. Do I have to have a license to do this or what.

smartftp is fully functional in the "unlicensed" version. in fact, the "unlicensed" smartftp is free to use for educational purpose.
could you be more specific what your problem is? as far as i understand it you're having problems to overwrite a file which already is on the server, right?

eyebex wrote:smartftp is fully functional in the "unlicensed" version. in fact, the "unlicensed" smartftp is free to use for educational purpose.
could you be more specific what your problem is? as far as i understand it you're having problems to overwrite a file which already is on the server, right?

I have a webpage that has a line that was created in SwishMax and saved as a file with the name "announce". I would like to change "announce" to say something different on my web site. I went into the SwishMax program and made the chanfe a change and saved it but when I think it's loaded into the old annouce folder, the folder still has the old info instead of the new info.

is it possible that you're mixing up local and remote files? it seems as if you simply forgot to upload your locally changed file again to the ftp-server.