No menu or shortcut after reinstalling

My desktop disappeard and in "all programs" the only thing I get are tools and registration number. To get the program I have to reinstall and run but it still does not put anything in menus.
Thanks

I tried uninstalingl SmartFTP program (left data file) rebooted and reinstalled from the SmartFTP site before I made my first post. Still no menu item nor shortcut. It picked up some old data this time. I want to keep the most recent backup data as well as fix the lost menu and shortcut. Any help would be appreciated.

You can manually create a shortcut to the SmartFTP.exe in the %ProgramFiles%\SmartFTP Client folder.

I was able to "pin" a shortcut to the taskbar but not to the desktop. Since the SmatrFTP site was down last night late, I downloaded the most recrent 64 bit version today. It did not pick up the lastest backup settings. Only one favorite and I had to reajust the views etc. How do I make sure the most recent data is picked up? Can I use the "repair" and somehow point it to the most recent data and pick it up that way? I hate to have to to retype all of the favoites data. Still something weird about this installation. Thanks much!

Please add your license key id to the forum for premium support.

SmartFTP Client License Key

License Key Summary
Id: 400063797

The favorites are stored in the %appdata%\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\Favorites folder. They are never deleted during uninstall/reinstall.Maybe they are still there? In SmartFTP, take a look at the menu: Favorites->Quick Connect.

Thanks, I found them.

This still doesn't answer why I cannot find SmartFTP in the "all programs menu" and it doesn’t install it during "remove and reinstall' but I can now access the program since I "pinned" it to the task bar.

I do not have any answers for that. But it is most likely a problem with your system/os.