SmartFTP no longer keeps my edited files alive and connected...

Previously while editing in Dreamweaver, etc...anytime I would edit a file with SmartFTP, it would keep the editing session alive so that when I make a change in DW and save, it would update the file I was working on.

Now, when I save in DW, it closes the file completly in SmartFTP. To continue editing it, I have to re-edit it in SmartFTP.

What setting do I need to change to enable this again, as it's higly annoying. Thanks.

Please post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information" dialog.

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows 7
Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
CPU Speed : 2653 MHz
Total Memory : 6135 MB
Free Memory : 3500 MB
+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 4.0.1215.0
Time Stamp : 2011-09-10 20:52:32
Platform : x64
Id : 400069914
Maintenance : 2012-08-12
Days in use : 32
+- Language ---------------------------
en-US
+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 9.0.8112.16421

Do you see the file being monitored in the Schedule pane (at the bottom of SmartFTP)?

Yes...but only up until I save in DW. Not sure what the deal is because I haven't done anything to DW...just updated to the latest SmartFTP.

Actually, just tried it, as soon as the file is opened in DW, it disappears from the transfer window. Okay, wait...what the heck...I was getting errors earlier when I'd work on a file, saying that it couldn't be found, now it's not doing that.

Also, did you change it? Before, it used to sit in the Transfer video, showing that I was working on it...now there's nothing there, but apparently, when I hit save just now, it still saved it and transferred it.

Nopes...still doing it. CSS was fine...seems to take when I'm working on a CSS file. HTML gives me an error saying it's denied...

The file is in the Scheduler now. And when the scheduler detects that the file has changed a new item (upload file to server) will be added to the transfer queue.

Alright, I think I might have just needed to restart the computer...I'll watch to see if it happens again. It seems to be okay now.