Right click on files in remote browser window problem

Hello. Since the update on version 4.0.1213.0 a few days back I have a problem when I right click on any file in the remote browser window. SmartFTP freezes for about 10 seconds before opening the context menu. The newer build .1015 does not seem to fix the problem.

Everything else runs smoothly so far... but this bug is really annoying.

System configuration:
+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition
Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
CPU Speed : 2675 MHz
Total Memory : 8190 MB
Free Memory : 3710 MB
+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 4.0.1215.0
Time Stamp : 2011-09-10 20:52:32
Platform : x64
+- Language ---------------------------
de-DE
+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 9.0.8112.16421

Hope you can help me.

Kind regards
TAMD

Try to reproduce the problem on a fresh installation of Windows 7.

Seriously???

Sorry, but it's not like I have a bunch of computers here (at least not with the same configuration) to test this. It all worked fine until the SmartFTP-update. Shouldn't have touched a running system, I know.

I'll gladly give you any information you need, but I can't reinstall my main working station!

Kind regards
TAMD

Investigations are in progress.

When the MRU (Most Recent Used) download folder list contains UNC/network paths to targets which are not reachable/connected, you will experience a delay before the context menu is opened. To get the icon and the display name the network path must be resolved. So the Windows API responsible for this will try to connect to the network path. If the target is not available this will only fail after the network timeout which is around 5s.

So the solution for now is to remove the network/UNC folders from the MRU. This can be done by deleting the following file:
%appdata%\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\Quick Folders.xml

The next version of SmartFTP will handle network paths differently: UNC/network paths are no longer resolved to get the display name/icon.

Regards,
Mat

It worked! Thank you very much.