Multiple file monitoring

I used to be able to select multiple files and set the schedule to monitor, which would monitor all these files individually, so that when I changed ONE file in the folder only THAT file would sync with the server. Now it seems you can only do this per folder, which cyncs the WHOLE folder every time, or go through the monitor process for every single file. When you're dealing with 100s of files, youd on't want to have to set the trigger for every individual file.
Why have you changed the way this works? If you retained this functionality, could you please tell me what i'm doing wrong?
Thanks
Merlin

PS. Here are my system details:

+- System -----------------------------

Microsoft Windows 7  

(Build 7600)

CPU Speed           : 2405 MHz

Total Memory        : 4095 MB

Free Memory         : 1860 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------

Version             : 4.0.1176.0

Time Stamp          : 2011-03-27 23:25:07

Platform            : x64

Id                  : 400096550

Maintenance         : 2011-04-08

Days in use         : 10

+- Language ---------------------------

en-US

+- Internet Explorer ------------------

Version             : 8.0.7600.16385

+- Winsock ----------------------------

Winsock             : 2.2

The maintenance of your license has expired. Please renew it for premium support. Thank you.

Okay I've renewed maintenance (Order # 41703061). Please can you help out now?

+- System -----------------------------

Microsoft Windows 7  

(Build 7600)

CPU Speed           : 2405 MHz

Total Memory        : 4095 MB

Free Memory         : 2380 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------

Version             : 4.0.1176.0

Time Stamp          : 2011-03-27 23:25:07

Platform            : x64

Id                  : 400096550

Maintenance         : 2012-04-18

Days in use         : 10

+- Language ---------------------------

en-US

+- Internet Explorer ------------------

Version             : 8.0.7600.16385

+- Winsock ----------------------------

Winsock             : 2.2

Thank you. How many files do you want to monitor at the same time? Are these files in different folders?

The number of files is in the hundreds, and yes they are in different folders. I used to be able to drag and drop into the transfer queue which was paused, then right-click on all the files and set to monitor when edited, it seems I am no longer able to do that?

Since we have refactored the Scheduler this is no longer possible. But our application is open for 3rd party developers to write addons or standalone applications which can offer this functionality.

Is there a way I can make the program watch a folder but only sync the files that have changed rather than the whole folder every time?

Yes this actually the default behavior for the folder monitor.

So what am I doing wrong? I set the folder to monitor changes, but it syncs every file in the folder, instead of just one file.

Do you have the [x] Use cached folder tree option enabled in the Queue Action (Schedule Properties, Actions).

Yes I do, and still i edit ONE file and the WHOLE folder is transferred. This seems counter-intuitive.

Is this only the first time until the cache has been built?

No, i've tried it several times.

Any ideas? I have, after all, paid for this license several times.

The cache is built the first time the folder is processed. This means all files/folders are being synchronized the first time. Then for subsequent calls only the changed files are queued.

I finally got it working after downloading a new version of the game, and using automatic sync rules. Thank you for your help.

I finally got it working after downloading a new version of the game, and using automatic sync rules. Thank you for your help.

Merlin, I'm having the same problem...how were you able to solve it?