linked favourites do not work anymore

Hi,

I have just installed the latest version of smartFTP (4.0.1169.0) and ow the linked favourites do not work anymore. I have tried to re-link them from within smartFTP, but it does not work. They look like they are linked, but when I click on them they don't work.

This is a pity as I have about 60 of them whcih I use regularly stored on an USB stick and I can't get to them now. I do not want to import them as it is vital that they are NOT on the computer for security reasons.

Thanks,
Nik C

I'm unable to reproduce it. I tried the following:
- Tools->Settings. Then Favorites. Then I have added a new virtual folder C:\Download\Favorites, with a name "External Favorites"
- Went to Favorites->Edit Favorites. Copied existing favorite into "External Favorites" folder
- Right-click on the next favorite, then Connect, and Properties.
- Went to the main menu: Favorites->External Favorites and clicked on the favorite

I'm unable to reproduce it. I tried the following:
- Tools->Settings. Then Favorites. Then I have added a new virtual folder C:\Download\Favorites, with a name "External Favorites"
- Went to Favorites->Edit Favorites. Copied existing favorite into "External Favorites" folder
- Right-click on the next favorite, then Connect, and Properties.
- Went to the main menu: Favorites->External Favorites and clicked on the favorite

thanks for your reply.

I discovered that the linked favourites ARE accessible, but only from the main menu drop down. I usually have them displayed in the FAVORITES window and here they strangeny only show up AFTER I have selected them (and connected) from the main menu drop down.

Actually the PREDEFINED FAVORITES also behave like this: they can be selected from teh main menu drop down, but not from the favorites window.

Can you post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information" dialog?

Here you go:

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition
(Build 7600)

CPU Speed : 2527 MHz
Total Memory : 3957 MB
Free Memory : 1175 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 4.0.1169.0
Time Stamp : 2011-02-24 05:51:51
Platform : x64
Id : 400129027
Maintenance : 2011-08-16
Days in use : 199

+- Language ---------------------------
en-US

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 8.0.7600.16385

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

Thank you. I cannot reproduce what you are seeing.

Does anything change if you press F5 or the click on the refresh button in the Favorites window?

Thanks - that worked.
Is this a general fix for when things get stuck?
Nik C

The problem was a corrupt shellview state in the registry. Deleting the registry removed this corrupt data.