Files on server not current through SmartFTP

Hi guys,

Been a user for a few years but this has me stumped. My server hosts 20+ websites and just recently I have been working with a developer on one specific site and the issue is that he will alter
some php files, but when I access them through SmartFTP, they're "old" versions not the current one. I've checked this is true through the file manager in my control panel and it shows the current file. I have also screwed up a site by editing html pages through ultraedit (not dreamweaver as I usually do) and the files are older versions, it's almost like SmartFTP logs onto a shadow copy of my server but a week or so old.

Can anyone shed some light as to what I must have changed in Smart for this to occur,

Thanks

SmartFTP displays the files the server returns. Maybe you are logged in to the wrong (old) server/ip. Try to contact your web hosting provider for assistance.

After much head scratching, in frustration I dumped my temp files from Windows (Ultimate 7 64Bit) and the problems disappeared.

Is this something I should normally have to do to ensure I'm looking at the correct files? Should I have cache enable or disabled in SmartFTP?

Thanks

SmartFTP stores the cache in the %appdata%\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\Storage folder and not in the temporary folder of the current user or the system.

SmartFTP stores the cache in the %appdata%\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\Storage folder and not in the temporary folder of the current user or the system.

Ok but should I have cache enabled or disabled under normal circumstances?

You need to enable it.

Thanks mate