slow transfer speeds

hey guys!

i am experiencing very slow transfer speeds from my server. my server runs on a 30/30 Mbit fiber connection. i have a 30ish Mbit download connection where i am witting now. yet i only get 300KB/s transfer speed per file. when i donload more than one each file is about 300 KB/s up to a total of around 2,5MB/s.
how do i get the transfer speed of a single file up to the max? seems overy complicated to pack all my files on the servers into rar's to get the desired transfer speed...
i've read a few other things on the forums already. my worker count is set to 1 and there is no limitations on transfer speed. this does however not help...

please help, and let me know if you need some more info!

Try to increase the number of workers. E.g. use 4 workers.

What operating system are you using?

increasing number of workers doesn't have any effect. using win7 ultimate

Increasing the number of workers should defintively increase the total transfer speed. You may still see a lower transfer speed per file but the total should be higher.

Increasing the number of workers should defintively increase the total transfer speed. You may still see a lower transfer speed per file but the total should be higher.

well that is kinda my whole point. i want the speed on each individual file to increase, so i won't have to make a ton of rars to get stuff transferred faster...
if i get 300KB/s out of a potential 2,5MB/s, something is definitely wrong imho...

How big are your small files?

How big are your small files?

heh...the smaller ones are like 500MB. bigger ones 4GB+

Is it faster with other ftp clients?

Is it faster with other ftp clients?

faster if i dowload via the inbuilt ftp in windows yes. but then it's not encrypted, and we can't have that can we...

You can try muli-part transfer for downloads:
- Stop the transfer queue
- Right-click the file in the transfer queue, select Properties
- Go to the Advanced dialog
- Set the number of parts to 4
- Start the queue

You can try muli-part transfer for downloads:
- Stop the transfer queue
- Right-click the file in the transfer queue, select Properties
- Go to the Advanced dialog
- Set the number of parts to 4
- Start the queue

great! this seems to work! thank you i will let you know after a while if the speed is consistent!