multi upload issue

Im trying to upload a single file to many different sites on one server.
I get 8 uploads done before it start saying too many connections from one IP.

Any number of workers including just one will get the same issue.

You would think this would be a server issue, but its not. The server is set to allow 50 connections.
And even more telling, if I close and reopen smart ftp will do 8 more and be "locked out" again.
Close and open, and 8 more get done.
If it truly was the server blocking the IP, I wouldn't be able to close and open the program and 20 seconds later do more uploads.

Something in the software is not making it believe there is a block.

Any ideas?

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed : 2992 MHz
Total Memory : 2047 MB
Free Memory : 2047 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 4.0.1112.0
Time Stamp : 2010-05-12 20:09:42
Platform : x86
Id : 400070219
Maintenance : 2011-02-10
Days in use : 1013

+- Language ---------------------------
en-US

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 8.0.6001.18702

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

If the server tells you "too many connections from one IP." then I would assume that this is the problem. The total number of connections is not necessary the same as the total per IP connections. Please contact the server administrator.

If the server tells you "too many connections from one IP." then I would assume that this is the problem. The total number of connections is not necessary the same as the total per IP connections. Please contact the server administrator.

I have contacted the server people many times before coming here. And they say there is no issue on the server and that my IP is white listed to the server.

I agree that is sounds like the server, but why does it work when I close the program and reopen?
All this is doing is absolutely terminating the current connections that the program opened.
If it was a server block, it would be time limited, and it would be more than the 20 seconds it takes to open and close the program.

My current solution is to keep opening and closing smart ftp. Not a good one but the only thing I can do.

This is because of the connection sharing/reuse. The transfer queue keeps the connections open for reuse. You can either disable this in the menu: Tools->Settings, then go to the Queue dialog and uncheck [ ] reuse connection. To manually close the open connections stop the transfer queue.

Mat

that was it... that reuse setting solved it.

Thanks