I wonder if I could have some advice please over 2 issues and a question about updates:

1. Recently, when I have upgraded (Windows 7 64 bit) I get Warning 1946. Property "System.AppUserModel.ID" for shortcut "SmartFTP Client.lnk" could not be set as an error message. The Shortcut on the Desktop remains and works, so I am unsure of the problem.

2. SFTPIEContext.exe when I run this I get "Error occurred while copying file Smartftp.html. Cannot copy file to destination directory which appears as C:\Windows\WEB\SmartFTP and will give the same error message for all the files in question. I tried adding the folder SmartFTP but this does not make any difference.

3. I have also noticed that sometimes when upgrading, I have to exit Explorer else a reboot is necessary but sometimes this is unnecessary.

These are not urgent issues at all.

Finally, an excellent FTP application.

Thanking you in advance.

Kind regards,

Ros

>1
Try to uninstall SmartFTP and remove the shortcuts manually if they are not removed automatically (e.g. from the superbar and the desktop).

>2
I will take a look at this.

>3
A reboot should no longer be necessary on Windows Vista or higher. The Explorer.exe is automatically restarted because it has a dll loaded (shell extension) from SmartFTP.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have just updated again and this time, no error message and no reboot either!

Fantastic support!

Regards,

Ros

Regarding the SFTPIEContext.exe. Try to "Run it as administrator".