Check for and download new file from Remote to local directory

I want to have SmartFTP check my remote server and compare with my local directory for any new files on the remote server. I want this check to be performed on a 15 minute basis.

If any files are different or additional files are on the remote server I want SmartFTP to download them to my local directory.

Can this be done with SmartFTP ? If so, please advise how to achieve this.

Thanks,

Gary

Yes this is possible. Setup a recurring transfer. Take a look at the Schedule Transfer tutorial at: https://www.smartftp.com/support/howto

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

I have looked at the schedule transfer tutorial and it looks to me like a manual process to choose which files to transfer. I want to have SmartFTP compare the files on the remote and and compare what is on my local directory. Any different or new files on the remote need to be FTP'd to my local directory. I would like to do this on a 15 minute basis check whenever SmartFPT is running.

Any advice or direction you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

SmartFTP does it automatic, it is not a manual transfer. But you need to setup the transfer once. E.g.
If you want to synchronize all the files from the folder /test on the server to c:\download\test:
1. stop the transfer queue
2. drag&drop the folder test from the server to c:\download
3. A new item is added to the transfer queue
4. Right-click this new item and select Properties from the context menu
5. Add a new trigger in the Schedule dialog. Set the recurrence to 5min.
6. Start the queue

Everything else is done automatically.

Yes this is possible. Setup a recurring transfer. Take a look at the Schedule Transfer tutorial at: https://www.smartftp.com/support/howto

Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

I have looked at the schedule transfer tutorial and it looks to me like a manual process to choose which files to transfer. I want to have SmartFTP compare the files on the remote and and compare what is on my local directory. Any different or new files on the remote need to be FTP'd to my local directory. I would like to do this on a 15 minute basis check whenever SmartFPT is running.

Any advice or direction you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi,

I've set it up as you have advised and trying now. I will update after tryout period.

Many thanks for the assistance.

Gary