Upgraded and ordering no longer works as expected

Hi,

First off I want to confirm that I do hold a valid and current premium license. When I try to visit my profile to add it, I receive the error "You are not permitted to view member profiles". Please dont delete this due to lack of key, I am more than happy to provide it.

I have used Smart FTP for a while, previously using a licensed version 3, but an installation that had been upgraded since early version 2. I recently had to purchase a new PC and as my license did not cover version 4 I also purchased a new key for the Ultimate version.

I use smart FTP with a local browser at the bottom, and remote at the top. I have my local browser set to order by last modified date, so that newer files are at the top of what can be long lists of files. I am used to uploading a file, popping back to dreamweaver to make more edits, and then returning to smart ftp with the file still selected and still listed at the top of the list.

Since installing version 4, whenever I modify a file outside of Smart FTP and then return back to Smart FTP, the file has vanished from the top of the list to the bottom, and is no longer selected as active.

This is a little irritating, as I am used to coming back and uploading the same file over and over as I edit it locally. Because the file stops being 'selected' I end up uploading the entire directory, and then having to clean up.

Can this be fixed? or is it something I need to get used to?

Please post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information" dialog.

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition
(Build 7600)

CPU Speed : 3000 MHz
Total Memory : 4095 MB
Free Memory : 2727 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 4.0.1092.0
Time Stamp : 2010-03-25 23:00:09
Platform : x64
Id : 400098908
Maintenance : 2011-03-26
Days in use : 12

+- Language ---------------------------
en-US

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 8.0.7600.16385

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

Thank you. We did some investigations earlier and we could see the same behavior with Windows Explorer as well. Do you see it there too?

Regards,
Mat

No, it doesn't seem to happen in windows explorer.

Hi,

I was just wondering if there was any update other than being able to replicate it?

We believe it is not something we can control. The reason is that we see the same behavior in Windows Explorer as well.

I don't see how it can be a Windows issue, as I said when you asked, I cannot replicate this behaviour with windows explorer.

Only Smart FTP has this annoying reordering and deselecting glitch.