Dual Accounts

The security set up on the Unix servers we use means we have to use two different accounts. One we can use to log on to the server with - but has no access to the server files and a second that has access to the server files but has no logon priviledges.

So typically I logon with my personal account, then "sudo" to use the service account to get at the given files I need.

SmartFTP only allows you to use one account however to login and the access the files. So I have to use my personal account to logon but then I can't see the files I need as I'm not on the service account, I end up doing a lot of tedious transfering to my personal temp directory, chmoding and copying.

Is there any way around this?

Wouldn't a 2nd favorite with a different user account solve your problem?

Wouldn't a 2nd favorite with a different user account solve your problem?

How would that work? The second favourite (like the first) would be able either log onto the Unix server OR see the files I need to work with - but not both. Unless I'm missing something, is it possible to set up a favourite to use a connection already opened by another favourite?

FTP doesn't support something like su so you have to give logon privileges to both users.