How to...Stop Transfer Queue, run immediately.

Hello Forum Members,

I am new to FTP and have bought this neat software after seeing such expansive functionality in a FTP Client. I am also behind a bit and need to know a "How To:" question. How do I turn off the queue'ing mechanism altogether?

I need not have everything I do go through this process. Most of what I am doing right now needs immediate upload and such. When I start doing more content to my site and need to push more then I will have need for this. Also, I haven't set up the IRC functionality and I am very interested in this area. I bought SmartFTP for this reason.

Thank you for helping this noobie @ SmartFTP!

BarJabba

The transfer queue is an essential part of SmartFTP and cannot be disabled.

The transfer queue is an essential part of SmartFTP and cannot be disabled.

I sure wish I'd researched that before purchase. I am just wanting to have things done immediately (or at least as close to immediatly). Do y o or anyone know> I can sit there an wait to have things done (if it does get done).

Thank you,

BarJabba

I guess the qixkest way to transfer is to just drag and drop from local to remote (aligning to the folder on the remote) then to click the Start icon. Two clicks instead of what would be one drag an drop action. Oh well, can't complain. It's all good. On to other things. I just wish this Transfer Queue was either an optional thing or can be set to '0" HH:MM:SS to have the drag and drop be immediate.

I love the app though.

BarJabba Image

You don't need to click the Start icon. Once the transfer queue is started, it is always started.

You don't need to click the Start icon. Once the transfer queue is started, it is always started.

The queue is annoying as hell. I'm editing multiple files using EditPadPro and then saving. It use to be that on save in the editing application, the file would be processed immediately by SmartFTP. Now, it's hit an miss. Sometimes it processes, other times it will sit there doing nothing until I manually select process. The problem seems to arise when I'm editing a lot of files, and they're all sitting there in the queue, waiting on further editing etc. As soon as I delete 10 or 20 files from the queue, the instant transfer works again.

Beachbum: Please use the tracker to report bugs.