Failed Transfers Hibernate Forever

+- System -----------------------------

Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Server Enterprise Edition (full installation) 

(Build 7600)

CPU Speed           : 1861 MHz

Total Memory        : 12287 MB

Free Memory         : 11247 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------

Version             : 4.0.1066.0

Time Stamp          : 2009-11-09 14:19:51

Platform            : x64

Id                  : 400117276

Maintenance         : 2012-11-11

Days in use         : 7

+- Language ---------------------------

en-US

+- Internet Explorer ------------------

Version             : 8.0.7600.16385

+- Winsock ----------------------------

Winsock             : 2.2

What settings should I check to make sure failed downloads do not hibernate? I'd like them to keep trying until that file completes successfully.

Here is a screenshot to reference:

Thanks,

~ Jon

Double click the item that you think is hibernating. Then post the log here.

Double click the item that you think is hibernating. Then post the log here.

I manually kicked them off earlier. Next time this occurs I'll post what that says, thanks.

Is there a way you can provide deatiled instructions on how we can reproduce this?

Thanks
Mat

Hello Jon ..

Ah I see. Unfortunately this behavior cannot be changed. The monitored item always adds the new items to the head. One way would be to stop adding new items before all current items are processed. But that brings other problems. For example if one item fails for whatever reason the monitor process is stuck (no new items are added) until this item is processed.
However we will consider adding the FIFO behavior for monitored items in a future release. If you want to have it expedited you might be interested in our custom development services. Please contact our sales department for details. Thanks.

Regards,
Mat

Hello Jon ..

Ah I see. Unfortunately this behavior cannot be changed. The monitored item always adds the new items to the head. One way would be to stop adding new items before all current items are processed. But that brings other problems. For example if one item fails for whatever reason the monitor process is stuck (no new items are added) until this item is processed.
However we will consider adding the FIFO behavior for monitored items in a future release. If you want to have it expedited you might be interested in our custom development services. Please contact our sales department for details. Thanks.

Regards,
Mat

Thanks Mat, we considered adding future items at a later time, but since the three sites we are uploading to have varying speeds we don't want to limit all transfers to the slowest of the three (which is pretty sluggish).

A good workaround for now is just having three monitored folders for each site rather than just one monitored folder.

Cheers,

~ Jon

The latest beta version takes care of this.