Uploads not working and I'm totally stuck

I was using your lastest version 4.0.1048 and today I couldn't get anything to work. I would drop something into the remote browser window and it would add it to the transfer queue and the queue would be started but nothing would happen. It would just sit there doing no transfer.

(I do “start” the transfer queue so you can be sure I checked that)

I looked on this forum and there seemed to be others and a pointer to a 1049 build. I downloaded and installed. Same issue.

So I’m desperate. I uninstall, clean the registry, and install 3.0.1019.5 which I happen to have.

This is on another machine and works fine. But on my primary machine same exact behavior as the version 4 units.

Anyone have any clues? Without ftp uploads I’m out of business.

Please install the latest version 4.0.1049 if you havent done so yet. Then post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information" dialog in SmartFTP.

Also please post a screenshot of SmartFTP.

Please install the latest version 4.0.1049 if you havent done so yet. Then post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information" dialog in SmartFTP.

System info:

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition
Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)

CPU Speed : 1862 MHz
Total Memory : 2047 MB
Free Memory : 1869 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 4.0.1049.0
Time Stamp : 2009-09-20 17:55:23
Platform : x86
Id : 400014590
Maintenance : 2010-07-01
Days in use : 5

+- Language ---------------------------
en-US

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.6001.18000

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

Screen image at www.HCATech.com/download/Beta/sftp.jpg

Go to the menu: Tools->Settings. Then go to the Queue dialog and make sure the Max Speed per Worker value is set to 0.

Also, if I double-click on the "stuck" upload to get the upload log here it is:

[15:41:28] Resolving host name "hcatech.com"
[15:41:28] Connecting to 66.113.102.199 Port: 21
[15:41:29] Connected to hcatech.com.
[15:41:29] 220 66.113.102.199 FTP server ready
[15:41:29] USER newhca
[15:41:29] 331 Password required for newhca.
[15:41:29] PASS (hidden)
[15:41:29] 230 User newhca logged in.
[15:41:29] SYST
[15:41:29] 215 UNIX Type: L8
[15:41:29] Detected Server Type: UNIX
[15:41:29] RTT: 79.840 ms
[15:41:29] FEAT
[15:41:29] 211-Features:
[15:41:29] MDTM
[15:41:29] REST STREAM
[15:41:29] SIZE
[15:41:29] 211 End
[15:41:29] PWD
[15:41:29] 257 "/" is current directory.
[15:41:29] CWD /web/download/Beta
[15:41:29] 250 CWD command successful
[15:41:29] PWD
[15:41:29] 257 "/web/download/Beta" is current directory.
[15:41:29] TYPE I
[15:41:29] 200 Type set to I
[15:41:29] PASV
[15:41:29] 227 Entering Passive Mode (66,113,102,199,177,151).
[15:41:29] Opening data connection to 66.113.102.199 Port: 45463
[15:41:29] STOR HCA90Std.zip

And just a note: I do know I can upload to this site as I used another FTP program on another machine to upload the screen image file referenced in the other reply.

Go to the menu: Tools->Settings. Then go to the Queue dialog and make sure the Max Speed per Worker value is set to 0.

Already checked that and it is set as you ask. Take a look:

http://www.hcatech.com/download/Beta/sftp1.jpg

Try to create a new favorite/connection. Menu: File->New Remote Browser.

Then enter the username/password and host. Press OK to connect.

Did you try SmartFTP on the other machine?

Do you have SmartFTP in the exceptions in your software firewall?

BTW: I can recommend Vista SP2, it probably wont fix the problem but its a good idea to install it anyway ;-)

Regards,
Mat

BTW: I can recommend Vista SP2, it probably wont fix the problem but its a good idea to install it anyway ;-)

Regards,
Mat

Tried the new remote browser. Same behavior.

Yes SmartFTP is listed in the Windows Firewall. Anyway, SmartFTP can do all the directory stuff just not move files.

I do have SmartFTP - an older version - on another machine. I really wouldn't like to mess with that as it is my only life-line right now.

I'm not upgrading Vista just to attempt fix this problem.

Regards,
Mat

BTW, this *did* work on this machine a few days ago. I do not beleive I changed anything. I try as hard as I can to prevent any automatic upgrades of anything.

Try this:
https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/how- ... f2625.html

If this doesn't help try to uninstall your software firewall if you have another product than Windows Firewall installed. Then next step would be to uninstall the antivirus product.

Then another idea is to run SmartFTP under a different user account on your computer.

And maybe you should still install the SP2 for Windows Vista to see if that helps.

Regards,
Mat

Try this:
https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/how ... f2625.html

If this doesn't help try to uninstall your software firewall if you have another product than Windows Firewall installed. Then next step would be to uninstall the antivirus product.

Then another idea is to run SmartFTP under a different user account on your computer.

And maybe you should still install the SP2 for Windows Vista to see if that helps.

Regards,
Mat

Tried it and same behavior. BTW, I never tried dowing a download until now in woring this issue. That works. Curious. But upload is still non-functional.

I only have the Windows firwall.

I guess we are done. Thanks for all your help. SmartFTP really worked well for me for several years but I'm going to move on to another product. This is my main developemnt machine and I just can't take the risk of changing a bunch of things just for experimentation since it did work at one time. I don't know what changed but I do know I didn't do anything with any firwall or anti-virus settings.

Thanks again for your time.

We are sorry we couldn't be of any more help. I remember there were some issues with some hotfixes in Vista. But these issues have been corrected later and we haven't heard anything anymore since SP2.

Did you try to shut off the firewall temporary?

Regards,
Mat