Workspaces Have Disappeared

Hello!

I recently updated to 3.0.1027.7 (on Windows XP Pro).

When I launched SmartFTP today, my Workspaces were nowhere to be found.

I run SmartFTP from a flash drive, using the PortableSmartFTP.exe launcher.

How can I get my workspaces back?

Thanks,

Steven

Hello Steven ..

I'm sorry I don't know. They might be lost because the internal format to save the work spaces has changed.

Regards,
Mat

Where is the "workspaces" data stored?

Thanks,

Steven

In the regitry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\Settings\Interface\Workspace Manager

Hello!

This has happened again!

I recently upgraded to 3.0.1045. Windows XP, all up to date.

Yesterday, I opened one of my workspaces, made a minor change in the layout and then resaved it, checking "Overwrite if exists".

I closed SmartFTP and then when I reopened it all of my workspaces had disappeared (or at least all of those which I had recreated since this last happened!)

Again, I am using a flash drive installation of SmartFTP and launching it using the portable smartftp executable which I downloaded from the SmartFTP website.

It would be really great to be able to get the workspaces back, without having to recreate them again.

Thanks,

Steven

Hello Steven ..

Please try it with the latest version:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

The portable wrapper is not officially supported nor tested.

Please try if you can reproduce the problem without the portable wrapper.

Regards,
Mat

Hello Steven ..

Please try it with the latest version:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

The portable wrapper is not officially supported nor tested.

Please try if you can reproduce the problem without the portable wrapper.

Regards,
Mat

Hello, I am new to the forum, so sorry if this has already been announced/posted somewhere else, although I searched and didn't see the answer....Are there plans to release an official and supported portable version? and if so, what time frame?

I'm a huge fan of SmartFTP and am a "portable" fanatic.

Hello ...
Generally speaking the more complex an application is the harder it is to produce a portable version. In many cases (for example for SmartFTP) it is technically not possible to come up with a clean solution. While the portable wrapper that is available on our website works, functionality is limited and the shutdown process is no clean.

Regards
Mat