Dreamweaver opens both header & footer with PHP, plus changes aren't being saved.

I have no idea why, but whenever I hit Edit (using Dreamweaver), the .php file PLUS the header & footer (that are in separate pages) open up in Dreamweaver. I only want to edit the single.php file. Also, whenever I make any Edit changes regardless of whether it's the Notepad, Wordpad, or Dreamweaver, the changes are not updating on the server.

I'm really confused as to what's going on, because it was working perfectly fine a few days ago. Any help? This is really cramping my productivity because I have to manually delete the file on the server and then recopy it over. Really annoying.

Thanks.

Post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information"

Sure thing...

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition
Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)

CPU Speed : 2653 MHz
Total Memory : 6134 MB
Free Memory : 4281 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 3.0.1026.25
Time Stamp : 2009-03-31 22:33:32
Platform : x64
Id : 400069914
Days in use : 14

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.17.28
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.22.25
sfFavoritesShellExtension.dll : 2.0.2.10
sfTransferQueue.dll : 1.0.19.25
sfFTPShellExtension.dll : 1.0.17.25
SmartFTPPS.dll : 3.0.1026.25

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 3.0.1026.25

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.6001.18000

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

Thanks for the help!

Please install the latest version from here:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

If you edit/open the file in Dreamweaver and it decides to open additional files that is something you cannot control in SmartFTP.

If you edit the file with Notepad (right-click on the file in the Remote Browser) SmartFTP downloads the file and opens it in Notepad. And as soon as you save the file SmartFTP will upload it to the server. If you think this is not happening please watch the transfer queue window right after you have saved the file. You should see the status of the file changing from Monitoring to Connecting.

Regards,
Mat