I Have Just Learned To Deal With It

After several attempts at fixing the SmartFTP bug I have found a way to deal with it. The bug rears itself when multiple pages are uploaded to the server via SmartFTP. It misses random pages leaving dead links on your datafeeds. I found that using the free multi page sitemap generator found at http://mediacet.com/media/p/60.htm to be most effective. I load my pages and then run the generator; the generator stops at the missing pages so I can upload them with SmartFTP. Until SmartFTP fixes their bug this is the best way to go.

Can you please be more specific about the bug you are reporting? We are not aware of any problems where SmartFTP randomly misses files.

Thank you
Regards,
Mat

Can you please be more specific about the bug you are reporting? We are not aware of any problems where SmartFTP randomly misses files.

Thank you
Regards,
Mat

Sorry Mat,

In the current version v3.0 and the the previous version of SmartFTP random URL's are skipped over and not uploaded to the server. It rarely happens with 50 page web sites but when you break 300 pages the software passes over random pages. This has happened with every datafeed site I have uploaded using SmartFTP. I first notice the bug when creating an xml sitemap because it would stop saying it could not find a page. I checked and found the page indeed did not load so I restarted the generator and found about 30 random pages that did not load. XML-Sitemaps.com only scans 500 pages. That is why I listed the free multi-page sitemap generator above. SmartFTP has been my favorite FTP program because it does not crash on multi-page datafeed sites like CuteFTP and others. I have posted the bug issue in prior posts.

Best regards,

Stu

Please post detailed instructions on how to reproduce the bug.

Regards,
Mat

We are not able to reproduce it. Please provide detailed instructions:
1. Login to server xyz. You can send us the username/password and host to support at smartftp.com
2. Upload the following x thousands file. You can send us a zip with the files.
3. Check what files are missing.

Regards,
Mat