License Key Broke?

I bought SmartFTP and received a License.key. I since reinstalled Windows. I went to install SmartFTP but my "SmartFTP.key" but get the error "Failed to Verify Key". Can anyone tell me what's wrong? I really don't want to have to buy the program again.

Sincerely,
Billy Raygun

Please contact us at sales@smartftp.com
I did as you asked but have not heard back from anyone. My demo is about to expire on 3 days. Has anyone taken the time to determine why my license will not work?

We have not received your email. Please send it again. Maybe send it from a different email account to avoid possible email filters.

From our records I can see that you or your company has requested a charge back from the credit card company for this purchase. Meaning you have asked them to reverse the charge. For further details please contact us per email.

Regards,
Mat

We have not received your email. Please send it again. Maybe send it from a different email account to avoid possible email filters.

From our records I can see that you or your company has requested a charge back from the credit card company for this purchase. Meaning you have asked them to reverse the charge. For further details please contact us per email.

Regards,
Mat

A charge back? Really. Something isn't right there. I'll look into it. That could explain why the license doesn't work...

A charge back? Really. Something isn't right there. I'll look into it. That could explain why the license doesn't work...

My apologies for the charge back. Apparently, the monthly statement for the transaction was not listed as "SmartFTP" giving it the appearance of a mistaken charge. That was not the case and apparently why the license didn't work.

The program was purchased again.

The charge should appear as PLI*SMARTFTP (reference number) on the credit card statement.