Transfer problem

I have a similar problem with a server I use frequently where a connection will stall and require me to abort and then pause/resume the queued transfers and they will restart themselves after that.

Can we have a feature where if the data transfer stalls or fails to transfer bytes after XX seconds that SmartFTP attempts to restart the transfer automatically?

bcanada: SmartFTP already does that. Install the latest version from here and try again: https://www.smartftp.com/download

If it doesn't work create a new topic with a detailed description of your problem and include the log.

Install the latest version from here and try again: https://www.smartftp.com/download

Then post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information" dialog.

There is no setting (beside the retry delay and the max number of retries) to enable auto restart because it is always enabled.

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)

CPU Speed : 2400 MHz
Total Memory : 8190 MB
Free Memory : 2484 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 3.0.1025.17
Time Stamp : 2008-12-24 15:44:17
Platform : x64
Id : 400096952
Days in use : 465

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.17.7
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.21.17
sfFavoritesShellExtension.dll : 2.0.1.7
sfTransferQueue.dll : 1.0.18.17
sfFTPShellExtension.dll : 1.0.16.17
SmartFTPPS.dll : 3.0.1025.17

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 3.0.1025.17

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.6001.18000

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

Retry delay and connection timeout address different issues than the one I've identified.

Connection will never timeout because it's the transfer itself that is stalling, not the connection.

Retry delay won't kick in because the connection won't be retried until I manually abort it.

Retry delay and connection timeout address different issues than the one I've identified.

Connection will never timeout because it's the transfer itself that is stalling, not the connection.

Retry delay won't kick in because the connection won't be retried until I manually abort it.

Wow! Instead of manually aborting the transfer and resuming, I decided to see what would happen when the connection timeout occurred, if it did.

Well, it did time out and the transfer was completely restarted instead of resuming. In this case, I had transferred 350MB/596MB and then it just started back from 0.

How annoying!

Post the log from the transfer queue.