Problem with Favorites

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to SmartFTP v3.0.1024.33 on Windows XP.

Previously I had a sub-folder called "My sites" under Favorites which I had pinned to the side of the program window and Auto Hidden, and I still can do this.

However now, each time I exit and start up again, the Favorites folder I've pinned to the side comes up empty, although all of my Favorites are still intact when I look at Favorites from the main menu bar.

(Hope that makes sense!)

Can anybody please help me?

Regards,
Rob

Do you see an empty window when you go to the menu: Favorites->Edit Favorites?

Do you see an empty window when you go to the menu: Favorites->Edit Favorites?

Exactly so; although everything is intact in the Favorites menu in the main menu bar.

Check if you have an orphaned desktop.ini in the %AppData% folder. If yes delete it. You need to enable the [x] Show Hidden Files and Show System Files option in the Windows Explorer to see the desktop.ini

Exactly so; although everything is intact in the Favorites menu in the main menu bar.

Thanks very much for that, it's almost working now. I do have to have the folders list showing, otherwise my Favorites pane comes up blank, but that's close enough!

That's a problem we will fix in a future version of SmartFTP (couple of weeks).

That's a problem we will fix in a future version of SmartFTP (couple of weeks).

Fabulous! I know it's not really that big an issue, but I've been using SmartFTP for a couple of years now and I've really got used to that feature.

Thanks again and I look forward to the update