SmartFTP Maintenance Expiration

We've had a SmartFTP license for a long time. However, maintenance was purchased only upto 12/2/2004. Since I've got a new Laptop, I've downloaded and installed the SmartFTP application and applied the license key. However, on launch it provides a dialog box with the following information and does not open the program for use. From what I understand, even though I do not have maintenance on the tool, since I have a License - its a perpetual license, I should be able to use the tool. Please look into this matter and suggest next steps.

--------------- Dialog Box Contents -------------------
Title: SmartFTP Maintenance Expiration

SmartFTP Maintenance Expiration
The SmartFTP maintenance is expired.

Your SmartFTP Client maintenance has expired. Your current
license does not allow you to use this SmartFTP version. See
Details

Please buy or renew the SmartFTP Client maintenance plan.

Application Timestamp 8/6/2008
Maintenance Expiration 12/2/2004

You can use all versions of SmartFTP that have been released before your maintenance expiration date. Now you have installed a new version of SmartFTP that is almost 4 years newer than the product you have purchased. To use this new version you must purchase upgrade (17.95 USD). The license itself is perpetual but it does not include free lifetime upgrades.
Please contact sales@smartftp.com to further discuss this.

You can use all versions of SmartFTP that have been released before your maintenance expiration date. Now you have installed a new version of SmartFTP that is almost 4 years newer than the product you have purchased. To use this new version you must purchase upgrade (17.95 USD). The license itself is perpetual but it does not include free lifetime upgrades.
Please contact sales@smartftp.com to further discuss this.

Can I obtain a version of the software that is valid before the maintenance expiry? If yes, then point me to the location. I am quite handicapped without this tool.

Can I obtain a version of the software that is valid before the maintenance expiry? If yes, then point me to the location. I am quite handicapped without this tool.

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Will check the site for old versions. If there is a place in the key that id's the version I have paid for, please let me know.

Thanks, great tool.

Unfortunately we do not have an archive with all our old versions. We release a new version almost every day. However we have a very affordable upgrade option. The cost is 17.95 USD and it gives you access to the latest upgrade + all upgrades within 1 year and technical support. In comparison other companies are charging 10 USD or more for a "download" service where they give you the old version of the product. Also this service needs to be purchased in advance.

Regards,
Mat

Unfortunately we do not have an archive with all our old versions. We release a new version almost every day. However we have a very affordable upgrade option. The cost is 17.95 USD and it gives you access to the latest upgrade + all upgrades within 1 year and technical support. In comparison other companies are charging 10 USD or more for a "download" service where they give you the old version of the product. Also this service needs to be purchased in advance.

Regards,
Mat

HI when I try to open the program, it says my license key has expired. It doesn't let me renew, but I did re-buy it and it is still not letting me on. The license manager say that my license key expires: 2010-05-29

Please help! This is so confusing to me!

Juji